Alastair Blake Campbell
(+44) 7889 319122
43 Larchfield Road
Bibliographic Data Services, Ltd. - 2012 – Present
Systems Analyst / Programmer, 2015 – Present
- Development and maintenance of the company’s various APIs, including a REST API.
- Development and maintenance of one of the company’s flagship web applications, a responsive (using Bootstrap) web front-end to their books database.
IT Infrastructure Technician, 2012–2015
As an IT Infrastructure technician at the company I planned and implemented many IT infrastructure solutions, including creating a new FTP site, a new Exchange organization, the recreation of the company’s Active Directory domain, management of their DNS servers, firewalls and other network infrastructure.
Alchemist Technologies, Ltd. (2010)
Trainee IT Support Engineer (Summer job)
I worked alongside other engineers, attending customers on site or diagnosing hardware and software issues at our workshop. I performed tasks such as identifying and replacing faulty hardware components, diagnosing and fixing issues with software/operating system configurations and similar.
University of the West of Scotland (2013-2015)
- Attained a BSc in Computing with Distinction
- Won the Court Medal for being the best student across all campuses.
Dumfries & Galloway College (2011-2013)
- Attained an A in HND Computing (Technical Support)
- Attained Microsoft Certified Professional status in Desktop Support (MCDST).
Dumfries Academy (2006-2011)
- Attained five Highers, including an A in English and Information Systems.
Other Technical Experience
Athena, a club management system I wrote a database/system for use by my local board games club to track membership, events, payments, and so on. The project was written in php, with a MySQL backend database.
Core Skills/Programming Languages
C#: I have worked extensively with C#, both professionally and as a hobby, developing everything ranging from business applications, to games, from web forums to simple web servers. I am additionally very experienced with the .NET framework and popular NuGet extensions.
Web: I have been developing websites and web applications both recreationally and professionally for many years, with a wide array of skills and competencies. I’ve developed REST API applications and integrated external APIs into other applications. Some of my skills include:
- PHP, ASP.Net, Visual Basic
- MySQL/MariaDB, Microsoft SQL, Firebase, Postgres
- XML, JSON, YAML
- Apache, Microsoft IIS, nginx, Lighttpd
Basic knowledge of C, C++, x86 assembly, Python, rust…
- English (native speaker)
- Norwegian, basic knowledge
I am a touch typist and have a typing speed of around 100 words per minute.
I am very experienced with Vi and know how to use LaTeX.